Thursday 30 June 2016

Fred Barnfield - Blobography & Catalogue of Works

Fred died in July of 2013 a short time before his birthday. In the years before his death he worked on his autobiography - I called it his "Blobiography" - which I helped him with. After he died, I started the work of finishing it in the manner that he wished for. 

We'd talked initially around 2007 about having an electronic work that would have all the text that he wanted, linking to photographs of the relevent paintings & works. Fred went away & wrote his autobiography & took a mass of photographs & scans, also writing notes for his own exhibition notes. Thus, he wrote the same thing essentially twice in different ways. Accordingly I have 2 files - the written account & the Catalogue of Works.

It has taken me longer than I anticipated to put this all together in a format that is both comprehensive & accessible. 

Click here for the Blobography.

To view the annual JULY9 Exhibitions, click here
The Catalogue of Works is 1813 pages. Please email me if you would like to view it:

No comments:

Post a Comment